Thursday, November 12, 2009

Think Win-Win

The book The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey is a book that I recently read for my english class. Habit 4, think win-win, is the habit that I need to work on the most.

I am a very competitive person so I am constantly thinking win-lose. This means that I always have to win and someone else has to lose.

A group of friends and I had a prank war going on a few months ago. Whoever plays the biggest prank on someone else wins the game. During the two months that this game was played, I was so caught up in winning, that i almost lost all of my friends in the process of just getting the small title as the winner. I won the game but my friends, the losers, were all hurt.

If I was not so competitive and thought win-win, we would all have had fun and maybe we would have all won.

Thinking win-win is important in friendships as well as in everything else.

I recommend The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens to all teenagers to help lead a positive life.

No comments:

Post a Comment