Sunday, December 13, 2009

My Name

Names to many families are very meaningful. There are many reasons that a person has a certain name. To some people a certain name has been passed through the family for many years or a name it thought to be powerful.

My name is Kimberly. My mother did not have a special family reason for giving me the name that she did, she just liked the name. She said that when she was thinking of names that the name Kimberly came to her and she liked it. "Kimberly is a soft sounding name and looks very pretty when written out", is what she told me.

The meaning of Kimberly is ruler. Not the type of ruler that is used for measurements but a ruler as in a king or queen. The name fits me because I am the type of person that likes to be in charge.

I recommend looking up the meaning of your name and why that is your name. The knowledge is very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment