Friday, October 15, 2010

Reading Reflection

During the first nine weeks of school, my life has been too crazy to just sit down and read and be able to enjoy what I read. "Your junior year is the hardest year you will have in high school" is a quote that I have heard many times from many different people. When I first heard that, I did not believe that eleventh grade could be so hard. Now I understand.

Throughout all of my school years, I have never been stressed over my grades and my work in school. Starting my first week of school, I was already loaded down with homework and that is how I have spent all of my afternoons since then, doing homework. By the time I am finished with my load of homework, I have no energy to read. Along with homework, there is also extra curricular. Prancers, mma, church, and family events are all factors that take up my time. Because of all that I have going on in my life, I never have the time or energy to read. I love reading and I hope that further into this school year I will be able to read more but first I will have to find a way to keep up with my homework assignments and finish up faster in order to make time.

There are a few instances, though, that I am able to make time to read. Riding in the car with my mom around town, on the bus going to ball games, and while riding in the car taking weekend trips out of town. When I am actually able to read, I got into the habit of trying to analyze what I read. Long, difficult books are the type of books that I enjoy reading. Nineteen Minutes was a book that I read over the first nine weeks that I absolutely loved! Though I have started thinking more deeply about what I read, I still do not particularly enjoy writing down my thoughts on the book. The only time I think to "ink what I think" is when I know that I will have to write about that book and writing down my thoughts is useful then. Other than that, I do not see any need to write about the book.

Hopefully, this school year will slow down some and I will be able to read more often and finish more books. I have heard good reviews on Mockingjay and Pride and Prejudice so I am wanting to get those books in by the end of the semester.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. It will get better. The two titles you mention are definitely worthy reads.

    ReplyDelete