Tuesday, November 30, 2010

12 Sentence Story

Over the summer, I was baby sitting my two little brothers, while laying on the comfy green couch, watching a comedy central movie, and paying absolutely no attention to Jake and Josh. The boys were bored and wanted to go outside and play frisbee, but I would not allow them to go out in the rain and they had no frisbee: they found a license plate in the living room to play with. Jake, an immature six year old with bad aim, tried to throw the license plate towards Josh like he would throw a frisbee. I did not realize that the object was coming towards me until I heard Josh screaming from behind the couch, saw Jake move in front of the television, and, finally, noticed the reflection of the shiny metal moving toward my face. The license plate hit me in the forehead just above the eyebrow. Ouch!! Though the hit hurt, I did not think that the wound was very bad or that my little brothers would make a very big deal of hurting me. Joshua cried like a baby, while Jacob screamed bloody murder. Hurt worse than I had thought, my cut I realized. What steps should I take to fix this mess? I finally called my mom, and settled the boys down, and called my dad, and called my grandfather to come get me and take me to the emergency room. After stopping the bleeding with a lot of painful pressure and cleaning the wound with burning alcohol, for minimal scarring, the nurse stitched my cut.

1 comment:

  1. Wow--that's a horrid baby-sitting moment! Great story. Your compound sentence is a bit awry. The rest are wonderfully crafted. Good work.

    ReplyDelete