Thursday, March 10, 2011

Reading List

I read 3 books, the equivalent of 7 books.




  • Tess of the D'Urbervilles (384)

  • Dreamland (250)

  • Eragon (768)

Dreamland was a book that I really enjoyed reading this quarter. Though I feel like the reading was below my level, I enjoyed the break that this book gave me from the more complex books that have been tearing me down this year. Dreamland features a young, highschool girl whos sister ran away from home. Caitlin had always looked up to her sister, Cass, so when Cass left, Caitlin did not know how to go on with life. Then she meets a boy. Isn't that how it always starts? This boy, Rogerson, helped Caitlin climb out of her shell and start her own, dangerous life. As there is in all books, life shifts once again for Caitlin when Rogerson starts hitting her. I enjoyed all of the details that the author included of the events in Caitin's life. I recommend Dreamland to all readers interested in an eventful, emotional book is not stressful for english class.

1 comment: