Monday, January 18, 2010

I Took a Stand

A few years ago, many of my friends decided to get involved in drugs, alcohol, and smoking. After a few weeks of smoking and drinking and doing drugs, they tried to get me involved.

I have always been against the activities they were doing so the first few times of refusing to join them was very simple, but after a while, saying no kept getting harder and harder. Even though I stayed strong and always told them no, I never voiced my opinion on how wrong I thought they were for being involved in these activities.

After two months though, I decided to take a stand. I told them that what they were doing was wrong and illegal and that they needed to stop before they got too addicted and got caught and into trouble. At first they got mad at me and told me to mind my own business, but after thinking about my reasoning for taking a stand, most of them decided to stop.

Quitting took many of them a few weeks but we are all glad that they did decide to quit. I felt really good about taking a stand and respect myself more. My friends also respect me for being honest to them and for helping them get out of a bad situation.

3 comments:

  1. i have been in the same situation. it's definitely hard, but it's worth it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I meant great job on choosing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Kim! I know how hard it is to come into a situation when everyone around you is doing something you know is wrong. The fact that you took a stand and stood up for what you believed in shows alot about your character and personality.

    ReplyDelete